Kanga Bush Camp
The Inland Gem of Mana Pools
Set in the most remote part of the World Heritage Site in Mana Pools is the Kanga Pan, not too far from Chitake Springs. The 12-bedded tented camp has en-suite bathroom facilities with outdoor showers and basins overlooking the water hole. One of the tents is a family tent with its own private dining and seating area. The main area has a comfortable lounge and dining area offering you uninterrupted views of a very active water hole. Relax in the upper deck lounge under the shade of a mahogany or sit on the deck below near the splash pool and enjoy Kanga − the old Africa in a new era.
The diverse area has multiple vlei lines, river systems of the Ruckomechi River, and mixed woodland types from Mopane woodland to Jesse bush and riverine forests. Kanga Pan itself is the only known water source in the area available throughout the year, making it a hub for wildlife and a delight to explore on foot. Pristine and undeveloped, this area gives you a pure, unspoilt, private African safari experience.
Besides game drives, bird watching and walking excursions, an hour’s drive brings you to the Zambezi flood plains in Mana Pools for canoeing and fishing excursions. Long-term stays can also be booked at Chitake Springs through special prior arrangements. Kanga works well in collaboration with Zambezi Life Styles to provide guests with an overall view of the inland and riverside experiences available in Mana Pools, one of the last remaining “untouched” wilderness paradises.
- Access: Dandawa airstrip – Self-drive only recommended for experienced 4×4 drivers
- Charter Transfer Time: 2 hrs 30 mins (Vic Falls) and / or 1 hr 30 mins (Harare)
- Transfer time: 5+ hour drive from Harare
- Number of Beds: 6 tents with a total of 12 beds, including 1 honeymoon tent with 1 x double bed & 2 day-beds which can be converted to a family unit on request
- Number of Guides Rooms: 1
- Facilities: En-suite facilities with running water and flushing toilets. (Honeymoon suite contains an outdoor bath)
- Power Facilities: Solar and Generator power, battery-charging facilities available in main area
- Activities: Game drives and walking – Kanga Under the Stars – canoeing and fishing can be arranged on special request prior to travel and subject to availability
- Season/s: 1st April to 10th December