Camelthorn is nestled in the cool woodlands on the southern edge of Ngamo’s famous Plains. Here, you will be treated to a truly memorable safari experience, in pure comfort and style. Enjoy al fresco dining under our ancient camelthorn tree, savour your morning coffee in front of a roaring fire, track herds of elephant by foot, and enjoy close up photography from inside our look-up blind. This flagship lodge ticks all the boxes for your authentic African safari experience.
– 1-hour small plane charter from Victoria Falls or Bulawayo
– 4-hour road transfer from Victoria Falls or Bulawayo
– Camelthorn is situated in one of Hwange’s last remaining well-protected and un-spoilt acacia woodlands, on the edge of the South Eastern corner of Hwange National Park
– The main lodge is unique in its style and design and has as its centre piece a huge ancient Camelthorn tree that spans a 35-metre outdoor dining area.
– Accommodation: 8 luxuriously furnished forest villas that are cool in the hot months and warm and cosy in the cold months.
– Each villa has a private en-suite bathroom with a bath and feature window overlooking the woodland, large shower, closed off toilet, fireplace, a private ground level deck, upstairs outdoor maisonette with hammock and day bed and electricity by diesel/solar generator.
– The woodlands surrounding our forest villas is dotted with small water baths that attract some of the smaller and less destructive woodland creatures – bushbuck, mongoose, squirrels and an abundance of interesting and colourful birdlife.
– Less than a kilometre away from the lodge and inside Hwange National Park, we have built an underground blind in front of a beautifully located waterhole – elephants can be photographed from toe level silhouetted against the sky at a distance of 25 feet. Such close proximity to Hwange’s giants is truly breathtaking!
– Our friendly and knowledgeable guides will take you on walks or drives inside this truly wild and remote region of Hwange National Park, famous for its giants, the elephants, as well as a plethora of different wildlife
2017 Rates per night per person:
Jan. to March. : 436 US$
Apr. to June. :483 US$
July. to Oct. : 685 US$
Nov. to Dec. : 436 US$
- Full board
- Activities: game drive in 4×4 with 6 persons and guide, walking safaris, night game drive
- Parks fees
- All beverages
- Flying doctor
- 15% VAT
- All transfers to and from camp.
Single Supplement : 195 US$ – April – Oct Only
Accommodation for Pilot, Tour Leader, Other Guide: 140 US$
Packages & Activities
Private 4X4 vehicle hire with guide: 500 US$*
*rate per day and per vehicle